Website Cam Tran Co. Ltd.
Job Title: Maintenance Leader
Location: Colborne, ON
The Maintenance Leader is responsible for managing multiple plant facilities, equipment, controls, and maintenance resources. The role performs supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures.
This person must be able to build upon previous successes and take our maintenance teams to the next level. He/she must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics, equipment maintenance, etc. The successful candidate will also have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
- Ensures maximum performance of all production operations and facility services to reduce equipment downtime.
- Maintains and directs a comprehensive and effective preventative maintenance program.
- Effectively and efficiently monitors work assignments, progress tracking, and accurate and timely reporting as it relates to maintenance.
- Design and oversees equipment upgrade and new installations within each facility assuring technical and safety compliance.
- Upgrade equipment and control systems including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical upgrades
- Provide updates to mechanical, wiring and ladder logic drawings and documentation packages as changes and upgrades are introduced.
- Supports production, engineering, and development by attending and participating in meetings to ensure overall effectiveness in planning of facilities and maintenance.
- Identify areas requiring improvement related to maintenance processes, equipment, and facility services.
- Conducts or facilitates work on plant equipment to improve electronic controls and PLC programming.
- Installs programs, and repairs robots and related equipment and suggest methods to improve workflow and increase production.
- Troubleshoots to determine the root cause of equipment and process failures.
- Establishes and maintains an effective and efficient repair order ticketing is in place and maintained.
- Provides direction to hourly maintenance technicians and manages employees scheduling of maintenance team including but not limited to vacation scheduling; OT & weekend scheduling.
Coaches and mentors all maintenance employees to ensure each employee is adequately trained and carrying out job responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists with the selection, training, discipline, and performance evaluation of maintenance employees.
- Must be well organized, self -motivated and results driven to ensure work assignments are completed in a timely manner.
Strong communication skills using multiple means of communication for onsite and remote employees.
Must have excellent analytical and decision making abilities.
Ability to collaborate with team members to plan and perform day to day maintenance work and follow set out preventative maintenance programs.
Willingness to learn how to operate equipment (winding machines) to better understand the manufacturing process.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related field or equivalent years of experience in a Maintenance Leader role.
- Technical training and/or college diploma in mechanical/electrical would be considered an asset.
- Minimum five years of extensive experience with developing and maintaining preventative maintenance programs, and troubleshooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of computer software such as MSO (project management software), Microsoft Excel/Word, Outlook.
- Experience with electrical, pneumatics, and controls are preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in Project Management.
- Knowledge of transformer manufacturing is considered an asset.
- Maintenance experience in metal fabrication is an asset. .
- Robotics experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in PLC programming is an asset.
- If required, travel to other Cam Tran facilities outside of Ontario maybe required.
- Competitive Salary
- Group Health Insurance Benefit Plan and RRSP Program
- L.E.A.R.N Program Opportunities
- Annual Personal Protective Clothing Allowance
- Annual Safety Boot Subsidy Allowance
- Opportunities to Advance within the Company
Cam Tran welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit camtranco.bamboohr.com.