Website Kott Inc.
KOTT Inc. is one of Ontario’s largest suppliers of products and services for residential construction. Home builders rely on our factory-built components for the quality – and speed of construction – of their new home builds.
Our truss manufacturing team plays a huge role in delivering on KOTT’s promise to get our customers what they need, when they need it. We are looking for full-time Assemblers for our Cobourg truss shop.
What’s the opportunity?
KOTT trusses literally put a roof over people’s heads. Your sense of accomplishment will come from doing a physically challenging job, and producing such an important component of people’s homes. You thrive on the teamwork and work ethic that is required to meet the demands of our fast-paced environment. You value working in a safe workplace as much as we take pride in providing one. This position is 4 days per week, 10 hours per day with an evening premium payable.
Rate of pay starting from $20 per hour + $1 shift premium.
· Preparing and assembling pre-fabricated roof trusses
· Using hand tools and power tools
· Picking orders
· Stacking lumber at saws
· Assisting with the movement of semi-finished and finished product
What you need to succeed
· You have experience with power tools
· You have experience working with your hands
· Framing experience is considered a strong asset
· Forklift experience is considered a strong asset
Skills & Qualifications
· You are quality and detail-oriented
· You enjoy and are able to work well as part of a team
· You can communicate well in English
Why join KOTT?
KOTT is one of Ontario’s largest suppliers of products and services for residential construction. We serve home builders and construction professionals from our four locations in Ottawa and the GTA.
Family-run for more than 45 years, we’re large enough to provide opportunities, and small enough to care. Our strong team is a competitive advantage – and we know it’s important to create a great employee experience. In addition to a solid pay & benefits package, we offer:
· $6000 in employee recognition prizes each year
· Access to corporate memberships, and discounted 3rd party products and services
· $250 hiring referral bonus & $100 annual donation to a non-profit organization you are involved with
· 50% off branded clothing at the KOTT store
· Company-paid uniforms for customer-facing employees
· Employee and family events
· 24/7 employee and family assistance program
· Ongoing communications programs, and semi-annual performance assessments
Five core values guide the way we run our business: Be on Board, Own It, Safety First, Reach for More and Keep it Real. Occupational Health & Safety is hugely important at all of our workplaces.
Applicants please note
· Reliable transportation is essential as KOTT is not on a bus route
· Pay will be based on skills and experience
· KOTT Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
· Contact KOTT HR if you need accommodations to apply or interview
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org