The NMA is in search of an Office Administrator who champions community initiatives, is a master at all things administrative and can help financially guide the organization.
With the NMA in its 18th year, we are a leader in our community providing manufacturers and those that support the industry with opportunities to network, learn and advocate together.
The Office Administrator position is twofold – the energetic first person of contact and the administrative support to all NMA activities. Your outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage many projects, will help the NMA continue its excellent customer service and the ability to provide quality programs. Supporting the day to day financial operations and providing guidance in financial management will keep us viable, sustainable and accountable.
Servicing manufacturers across Northumberland, the NMA’s office is centrally located on D’Arcy Street in Cobourg. We are a devoted tenant of the innovative Venture13 building, enjoying the shared space amongst many different manufacturing related industries.
- High school Diploma or equivalent (Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Business, Administration or related field preferred);
- Experience as a Receptionist, Administrator and/or bookkeeper position required;
- Ability to manage financial accounts: payable/receivable, ensuring appropriate accounting practices are being adhered to; as required prepare invoices, reconcile bank statements and assist in preparation of monthly financial statements. Prefer QuickBooks experience
- Advanced computer skills including Internet Research, Email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
- Clear verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Assertive, inquisitive, flexible and adaptable;
- Problem solving skills;
- Valid and satisfactory Police Records Check and ‘G’ driver’s license with access to vehicle.
- Experience in event planning/marketing/communications would be a bonus!
The position includes:
21 hrs a wk (days) with a schedule that is flexible and accommodating
$20 per hour
2 weeks’ vacation (annually) plus a full paid week at Christmas
5 paid sick days
Opportunity to work from Cobourg Office and your home office
Be a part of an exclusive group and advocate for industry with community stakeholders and leaders.
Please email your coverletter and resume to Executive Director, Darla Price, email@example.com.
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Northumberland Manufacturers Association welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org