Twenty20 is primarily focused on women, investing in the next generation of young STEM and technical skilled trades graduates in rural Eastern Ontario’s advanced manufacturing sector (also including agri-food, cleantech and other industrial SMEs) through an employer job creation grant that will help ensure competitive access to and retention of young talent.
The Twenty20 pilot program is delivered across Eastern Ontario by the NMA and in partnership with the Quinte Manufacturers Association (QMA) and the Kawartha Manufacturers Association (KMA). The program is supported in part with $488,000 funding contribution through the Collaborative Economic Development Projects (CEDP) delivered by the Northumberland Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) and supported by the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Qualifying advanced manufacturers (including agri-food, clean-tech and other industrial SME’s) located in rural Eastern Ontario may be eligible to receive $20K to create a job with a base annual gross salary of $60K (or more) which will compare favourably against national industry averages for junior STEM and technical skilled trades positions.
Priority consideration will be given to funding recipients hiring qualified female candidates. Pending available funding, approved funding recipients may be eligible to receive support for the creation of a maximum of two full time positions, which must be incremental and new.
Job qualifications must include
- University degree in a STEM discipline (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), or;
- At minimum a 2-year college diploma in the same, or;
- A skilled trade and involving a job where the applicant has demonstrated to the NMA that work activities are technical or technology-driven (based on established CEDP priority pathways), and:
- The candidate must be a recent graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution.
- Additional qualifications and eligibilities will apply
- Quarterly reimbursement of secondary recipient claims will be based on payroll
and employment verification for a period of no more than 12 months of salaried employment.
Intake deadline is June 30, 2017 with a program end June, 2018
Click Here to open/close Online Form
Twenty20 NMA Application Fillable Form
Vingt20 Formulaire de demande de NMA remplissable
Disclaimer: The NMA makes no warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, application or use of the information contained on this web site. Further, nothing contained on this site is intended as legal advice.