Trade Tech Industries is in Port Hope. We provide custom Steel fabrication solutions for our customers, and we are looking to add a fitter-welder to our team!
Duties of the role will include:
- Weld components
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind, or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a fitter-welder
- Experience in reading, interpreting and understanding shop blueprints
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrate quality workmanship
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Overhead crane experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends
Fitting: 2 year (Preferred)
Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
CWB Flat MCAW (Preferred)
CWB Flat GMAW (Preferred)
- Group Health Benefits
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com