Website Trade Tech Industries Trade Tech Industries
Trade Tech Industries
Trade Tech Industries is in Port Hope. We provide custom Steel fabrication solutions for our customers, and we are looking to add a fitter-welder to our team!
Duties of the role will include:
- Weld components
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind, or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a fitter-welder
- Experience in reading, interpreting and understanding shop blueprints
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrate quality workmanship
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Overhead crane experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends
Fitting: 2 year (Preferred)
Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
CWB Flat MCAW (Preferred)
CWB Flat GMAW (Preferred)
- Group Health Benefits
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org