Training & Workplace Development
About Our Training Initiatives
To promote continuous improvement among local manufacturers, the NMA has instituted a Training & Development initiative in which all members are encouraged to participate.
The NMA acts as a facilitator, liaison, and coach to its members by:
- Encouraging companies to adopt high performance techniques;
- Recommending professional consultants and trainers;
- Coordinating workshops, seminars, and other training opportunities;
- Providing access to information resources, online and in person;
- Developing metrics for performance evaluation; and,
- Promoting and sharing best practices
- Strategic Focus Groups
To source funding support for training click here.
Click program titles for more information:
- Continuous Improvement Leadership Program
- Fleming Training Participant Registration Form*
(*Downloads automatically so you can fill it out)
- Fleming College PEAK Leadership Program
- Fleming College Manufacturing Operations Certificate Program
- 2014 Operations Certificate Produces Savings for Manufacturers
W. Garfield Weston Foundation Fellowship Program
The W. Garfield Weston Foundation Fellowship program provides tuition and bursary incentives to help Skilled Trades students and apprentices train for and succeed in this growing labour market. For more information click here.
Lead, W. Garfield Weston Foundation Fellowship Program
(613) 969-1913 ext. 2299
Free online AODA Training
The provincial government requires Ontario be accessible for persons with disabilities by 2025, by creating an enforcing accessibility standards. All businesses and organizations must provide training to employees, volunteers, and others on the requirements, including training on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to persons with disabilities.
Required training and certification for all employees and volunteers:
- Ontario Human Right Code
- Information & Communication Standard
- Customer Service Standard
Required training and certification for management:
- General Requirements
- Employment Standard
- Design of Public Spaces
If you are interested in having your staff or volunteers register for this training, please contact Online Learning Recruitment Officer Wendy Somerville at email@example.com or 1 (855) 361-1421.