As one of the NMA’s mission pillars, being an advocate for our industry means promoting the multiple societal benefits of the manufacturing industry and providing collective benefit to members. We improve communication between industry, government, and the community
Example: Active Government Engagement, Policy Input, Manufacturing Week Promotions, Student Outreach through Career Fairs, Energy Coalition, Affinity Programs
NMA Working for You
NMA Letters of Support
- Endorsement Letter Fleming College - Skills Catalyst Fund
- Letter of Support - Fleming College - 2017 Positive Project
- Letter of Support - Fleming College - Catalyst Funding Proposal
- Letter of Support - UOIT- Career Kick Start
- Letter of Support Workforce Development
- Town of Cobourg - RED Application - Letter of Support NMA
- Peterborough, Victoria, Northumberland and Clarington Catholic School Board - Skills Catalyst Grant
- Activation Products - GMP Upgrade Funding Request
- Durham College - Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada’s College and Community Innovation (CCI) program
- Northumberland County - Universal Broadband Fund application
- Northumberland County Immigration - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s ‘Capacity
- Custom Plastics - Acquisition of a new fully automated 440T injection machine.
- CPS Wood Products - Upgrade their Tronco Machineries line.
Energy Forum Presentations
- Cap & Trade Cancellation Act 2018
- Q & A Cap and Trade Act Cancellations 2018
- Cap and Trade Presentation to NMA February 9, 2017 [PowerPoint 3Mb]
Energy Use Sector Case Studies
Coalition of Ontario Manufacturers for Competitive Industrial Power Rates
- To read the May 2015 Submission to the Ontario Ministry of Finance, Treasury and to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, please click here.
- To read the Dec 2015 Coalition of Ontario Manufacturers for Competitive Industrial Power Rates activity overview please click here.
- Response letter April 2016 from Minister of Energy, Bob Chiarelli, click here.
- Coalition Power Rate Proposal - Nov 2016 click here
Long Term Energy Plan for Ontario
Request for Information About Your Business
Please let us know about the issues that are impacting your manufacturing operations by filling out this form.