The purpose of the NMA is to promote continuous improvement, innovation, and high performance within the manufacturing sector of Northumberland County. This will be achieved through:
- Networking: Encouraging collaboration, sharing of best practices among local manufacturers and using each others services and products;
- Examples: Annual Golf Tournament, plant tours and partnership business events and trade shows.
- Education: Providing access to cost-effective training and job development initiatives;
- Examples: Annual Tri-Association November Conference featuring outstanding speakers, concurrent workshops; Speaker series and plant tours; Partnership funding with Eastern Ontario Manufacturing Skills & Initiative offering 50% training dollars.
- Advocacy: Improving communication between industry, government, and the community
- Examples: Energy Coalition; Adding NMA voice to Service Tech’s entrance into Canada; and regular government official focus group meetings and roundtables.